It’s nearly time for you to pack your car and head out on the road for February half term. Once you get through fitting everything into the car (phew) you need to figure out how to keep the little ones entertained throughout your journey…
Did you know: 1 in 10 parents feel that the journey sets the tone for the whole holiday? In fact, parents find the journey more stressful than booking the holiday or dealing with all logistics.
To help take some of the hard-work out of your car journey we’ve come up with our top 5 games:
- I Spy – That age old favourite never fails to amuse your little ones, but why not try mixing it up and playing themed i spy. E.g. Cars, Animals, Signs.
- “I went to the supermarket and bought…” – A memory game where the first person starts off by adding an item and as you go round each person you must remember all the items that have previously been mentioned. If you forget one, you’re out! Great for stimulating your children’s memory skills and it’s pretty fun, especially if you add in some silly sounding fruits and vegetables!
- Name that tune! When a song starts on the radio you all have 10 seconds to guess the song!
- Alphabet game! Go through each letter of the alphabet and each name something around you that begins with that letter.
- Word association Game, the best thing about this game is that it will keep you entertained for hours! The person who goes first must come up with a word, leading to the next player saying a word that they would associate with the previous, for example… “Seaside”….”Fairground”…”Butlins!”
We all know that time goes faster when you’re having fun, and our top five car games are guaranteed to make your journey go quicker, so you’ll be at that exciting destination before you know it! Do you have a favourite game to play in the car? We would love to hear how you make time fly on the road! Send us your comments or photos on our Facebook page or tweet us @butlins. Wishing you a very fun and safe travel!