Happy St. Patrick’s Day! To celebrate this marvellous Irish holiday, we’ve found a delicious recipe for St. Patrick’s Day biscuits that are incredibly easy to make, and perfect for the whole family.
If you fancy having a go at making some of these tasty treats, follow these simple instructions! We would love to see pictures of your finished biscuits! You can post your St. Patrick’s Day celebrations to our Facebook page or tweet us @Butlins!
To make your shamrock-shaped Irish biscuits, you will need:
- 250g, softened butter
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 300g plain flour
- Rolling pin
- Shamrock cutter (or heart cutter)
- Green icing or food colouring (to decorate)
Heat your oven to 180c/fan 160c/gas mark 4 (make sure you have an adult help you with the oven!)
- Start by mixing 250g of softened butter and the 140g of caster sugar together in a large bowl with a wooden spoon
- Add 1 egg yolk and 2 tsp vanilla extract and briefly beat together (at this point you can add in your green food coluring if you wish)
- Sift in the 300g of plain flour and stir until mixture is well combined (if you fancy getting messy, you can use your hands to give it a good mix!)
- Once the dough is made, you can roll it out with a rolling-pin onto a clean work surface, (sprinkle flour onto work space to prevent your dough from sticking)
- Using a shamrock biscuit cutter (available from most baking shops) you can begin creating your lucky treat shapes!
- Get an adult to pop your shamrock biscuits into the oven and allow them to bake for 12-15, once they’re ready you can transfer them onto a cooling tray.
- Once your biscuits have cooled you can choose to decorate them with green icing! This is the perfect finish for a delicious St. Patrick’s Day treat!
However you are celebrating your St. Patrick’s Day, we hope you have a wonderful time!
- Give the gift of family time this Christmas – T&C’s - December 6, 2018
- Just For Tots – Very Important Tot - November 9, 2018
- The Judds go to Butlin’s on a Just For Tots break - September 20, 2018