A great sport that is often associated with the sun, sea and sand, is volleyball, and with our purpose built, inland course, you’re able to enjoy a match on resort. You’ll be put into teams and our wonderful Redcoats will lead the session, making this the perfect opportunity to meet new friends! Are you up for the challenge? To get you started, here’s some fun facts about the sport:
- Volley ball is 120 years old and was invited in the United States by a man named William G. Morgan.
- The first World Championships were held in 1949 for men and 1952 for women.
- Volleyball was first introduced as an Olympic sport in 1964
- Today, over 800 million people worldwide play volleyball at least once a week
- The longest recorded volleyball game was in Kingston, North Carolina, it took 75 hours and 30 minutes.
- Volley ball is a great workout with players jumping around an amazing 300 times a match
If you love beach sports, we also offer ‘kwick cricket.’ Hit your shot and run for it! See how many times you can run between the stumps to build you score, whilst the fielders race around trying to get the ball back to bowler. This great high-energy game is perfect team activity for a summer’s day.
There are tons of other activities you can get up to on our inland course, what’s your favourite summer time activity? Maybe you love playing Frisbee, or fancy a game of rounders? We would love to hear from you, as always, you can tweet us @Butlins or send you comments and photos to our Facebook page.
Have a great day.