When the sun is shining there’s nothing more exciting than heading outdoors to play a fun game with your family and friends. And as we’re celebrating The Great Outdoors this week we’d thought we’d share with you a few of our very favourite games!
So grab some buddies, a nice open space, and read the rules below for ‘Traffic Lights’.
How to play:
- Pick your favourite outdoor area (any of the grassy spaces on our resorts would work perfectly)
- One person is the ‘traffic light’ and stands with their back to the rest of the players. The other players stand a fair distance away from the traffic light.
- The traffic light shouts ‘green light!’ and all the other players must start walking towards to traffic light. When the traffic light turns around to face to players they can shout “red light!” and everyone must freeze!
- Anyone caught moving is sent back to the starting place. The traffic light then turns back around and shouts “green light” so the players can begin walking again.
- The aim of the game is for one of the players to tag the traffic light before they’re caught out. The first person to tag the traffic light becomes the traffic light in the next game.
What are your favourite outdoor games to play over the summer holidays? Share them with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. We’d love to see photos of you and your family playing them too so make sure you use #SummerofButlins when you share them with us.
Latest posts by cheryl (see all)
- Give the gift of family time this Christmas – T&C’s - December 6, 2018
- Just For Tots – Very Important Tot - November 9, 2018
- The Judds go to Butlin’s on a Just For Tots break - September 20, 2018