There’s no better Christmas cookie than one that involves Curly Wurly’s, M&Ms, cherries AND golden syrup so grab the little ones and get baking these tasty Annabel Karmel Reindeer Cookies!
- 350g plain flour
- 2tsp ground ginger
- 1tsp cinnamon
- ½tsp mixed spice
- ¼tsp salt
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½tsp baking powder
- 175g butter
- 150g light brown sugar
- 4tbsp golden syrup
For the decoration
- Curly Wurly chocolate bars
- Glacé cherries
- Black writing icing pens
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160˚C fan). Measure the flour, spices, salt, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder into a bowl.
- Melt the butter, sugar and syrup in a pan. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix. Lightly knead together to make a dough.
- Form the dough into 10 balls. Pinch out one end of the balls to form a point, then flatten with your hand. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes until the cookies are lightly golden but still slightly soft.
- Using a skewer, make a slit on either side of the cookie heads for the antlers to slot in then leave to cool for a few minutes. Decorate each cookie with lengths of Curly Wurly for the antlers and halved glacé cherries for the nose. Take two M&M’s of the same colour for the eyes and dot with black icing for the pupils.
For lots more Christmas recipe ideas check out Annabel’s cooking apps via the App Store or visit www.annabelkarmel.com
Latest posts by cheryl (see all)
- Give the gift of family time this Christmas – T&C’s - December 6, 2018
- Just For Tots – Very Important Tot - November 9, 2018
- The Judds go to Butlin’s on a Just For Tots break - September 20, 2018