Give 2016 a colourful start with this Scrambled Egg with Tomato and Salsa on an English Muffin recipe from Annabel Karmel. An easy, tasty treat to try with little ones (and big ones!).
- 1 English muffin
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- A knob of butter, for cooking, plus extra for the muffins
- 1 tomato, deseeded and diced
- 2 thin spring onions, sliced
- ¼ red chilli (optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Slice the muffin in half and toast the two halves in the toaster.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa. Mix all of the salsa ingredients together in a small bowl and season.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with the milk and season. Melt the butter in a pan, and when it starts to sizzle, pour in the egg mixture. Immediately reduce the heat to medium/low and sprinkle the eggs with a little salt and pepper to taste. Stir gently, and cook over the heat for 2 -3 minutes until the eggs look wet but are no longer liquid. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Butter the toasted muffin halves and place on a plate. Top them with the scrambled eggs and then a little of the salsa.
Makes 2 portions.
Latest posts by cheryl (see all)
- Give the gift of family time this Christmas – T&C’s - December 6, 2018
- Just For Tots – Very Important Tot - November 9, 2018
- The Judds go to Butlin’s on a Just For Tots break - September 20, 2018