How to make an ‘eggscellent’ Easter chick card
With exactly one month to go until Easter Sunday, and even less than that before the children finish school, we thought it was about time to start preparing for a well deserved break. We’re already seeing beautiful daffodils in the garden, blossoms trees are beginning to bloom and Spring feels like it’s finally on its way (some days more than others of course!)
So aside from munching on chocolate eggs and hot cross buns, why not get crafty with your kids and create something ‘eggstra’ special to give to a loved one, or to put up around the house, by following our 7 easy-peasy steps to creating your own Easter chick card.
Here’s what you’ll need to make your card…
- A4 piece of card
- Colouring pencils
- Goggling eyes
- Glue for the above
Here’s how to do it…
1. Take an A4 piece of card and fold it long ways, like so…
2. Using scissors, cut a small slit (as big or as small as you like) about an inch from the edge of the folded card. Make sure to help your little one with the scissors!
3. Fold back the corners of your slit to make small triangles on either side:
4. Carefully open the card back to A4 and fold it in half the other way with triangle slits inside, like this…
5. One at a time, gently lift each triangle flap and fold the card again to form a beak. This part can be fiddly so be careful not to tear the beak!
6. Open the card back up and draw the chick around the beak.
Top tip: Let your little one get really creative by colouring in the chick with lots of different coloured pencils
7. Fold the card and decorate your front cover just as you like
And voila! Now you should have your very own ‘eggscellent’ Easter chick card!
As well as having time to spend together at home, Easter is also the perfect time to get away and take a break with the family so why not escape to the seaside and breathe in some fresh air at Butlin’s? From Friday 31st March until Friday 21st April, you’ll find lots of lovely Easter exclusive activities at our three resorts including an ‘eggciting’ Easter egg hunt, our Spring Farmyard featuring gorgeous baby animals, plus Bonnie Bear’s Bonnet Parade and Easter arts & crafts.
You can take part in all of these plus our lineup of brilliant entertainment and activities, including BBC Gastronaut Stefan Gates and his Utterly Revolting Science Show, Sam & Mark, Danger Mouse and loads more!
If you’ve followed our step-by-step guide to creating a cracking Easter card, let us know! Share your photos with us on Facebook, Twitter, or by tagging us on Instagram. We’d love to see!
- A quick hello and a big thank you from GOSH - March 28, 2018
- Your top seven seaside family favourites, as revealed by you - February 26, 2018
- Cheesy Garlic Pizza Bread recipe from Butlin’s Ludo’s Italian - February 9, 2018